We try to make our application simple. But a little help is always nice. Refer to this page when you need to. And don’t forget that you can always message, email or call us.
Setup Online Giving
Create & Edit Events
Event Planner Tool
Integrate Faith Teams and Tithe.ly
Rules - Automated Email/Texts
To sign up, go to www.faithteams.com. Click on the ‘Sign Up’ button in the menu. Enter Your organization’s name, address, phone number and your name, email (which will be used to create your account) and a password. Make sure you have access to the email address that you enter, as you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete sign-up. The first 14 days is free and no credit card is required for the trial!
To add a person (church member, visitor, etc.) login to the Faith Teams web portal. Click on the ‘People’ tab in the menu. Click the green ‘Add New Person’ button. The ‘Basic Info’ section will be displayed. The minimum information is first name and last name. Enter all information known and click ‘Save’. The ‘Contact Info’ section will be displayed. Enter in known mailing address, mobile and/or home phone and email information if known and click ‘Save’.
First, Add a person. Then enter another person who is in the same family. For example, enter James Richards. Next, enter in his wife: Justine Richards. While on Justine’s record, click the ‘Family Info’ section and type the first few letters of her husband (James) into the the field: ‘Add Existing Person to Family’. Once James name is displayed in the search, click on his name to make him a family member. The final step is to give them a family role: Head of Household, Spouse, Adult, Child, Unassigned. Do this by clicking the ‘select role’ link.
After you have added a person, you can add a tag. Click on the person’s name. Then select the ‘Tags’ section for that person. Click the ‘Add Tag’ icon to select an existing tag. If you need to add a new tag, click the ‘Add New Tag’ button. You can then select the tag to add it to the person.
You will likely have more people than actually come to your services. To keep your list of people manageble for Check In, you may set people to ‘Active’ or ‘Inactive’ on the Basic Info section for a person. Additionally, Faith Teams will review the attendance records weekly, and set people as inactive if they have not attended over the last 4 events for each of your event types. People are set to ‘Show’ when they are checked in.
The Merge Tool was added to allow you to merge two records when you have unintentionally added the same person twice, and have had some activity, such as check-in, or added contributions, on each record. You cannot simply delete a person, as we would not be able to keep accurate information on your attendance, contributions and other records if you were to remove the person they were assigned to. Now you can merge 1 person’s data to another.
- 1) Click on the person you wish to remove – This is your ‘Merge From’ person.
- 2) Click the Merge Tool button.
- 3) An overlaying screen will show, which displays the ‘Merge From’ person, and beneath it a list of your people – you may filter your list by typing part of the name of the person you wish to ‘Merge To’. Now choose this person you wish to merge to by clicking the ‘Merge To’ button next to his/her name.
- 4) Next, you are shown the demographic information for both people. To the left, is the ‘Merge From’ person’s information. To the right, is the ‘Merge To’ person’s information. You can select the ‘Copy All’ button from either to choose which is correct for the final version. You may also select individual fields, or even enter the information manually.
- 5) Click the ‘Merge Data & Delete Original Person’ button.
- 6) Your original record is now deleted, and the data is now merged to the ‘Merge To’ person.
Monday Visitor Report
On Monday morning we send out visitor & absentee reports. The visitor report shows people who have attended any event during the past week for the 1st-4th time. The absentee list is for your Sunday service. The recipients of this list are on a special team: The team name is ‘FAITHTEAMS-minMIN-TEAM’. The role to put your recipeints in is ‘FAITHTEAMS-ADMIN-VISITOR-NOTIFICATIONS’. Anybody you add to this role will receive the emails on Monday morning.
- * The report will tell you how many visitors you have had in the past week to all of your events. For example:You had 6 visitor(s) this past week
- * The report will tell you now many unnamed attendees you had in your Sunday Service. For example: 2 unnamed attendees.. This number represents the head-count of the ‘Unnamed Visitor’ in the web & mobile app check-in.
- * The report will list out each of the guests (1st – 4th time visit) with their name, address, contact and any tags.
- * The report will also list out any individuals which are missing, but are in an active status. Our logic looks over the past 4 dates of each event type, and if the person has not come back then they are marked as ‘Inactive’. This is a way to make sure you are tracking only the people who are recent attendees. You can always set someone to ‘Active’ or ‘Inactive’ from the People, ‘Basic Info’ section.
Create Event Template
Before you can add an event, you must create an Event Template. An event Template defines an event: a title, info, location, time and the day of the week it falls on and even a color code to give visual cues on your calendar. To create the event template, go to the Calendar by clicking on the Events > Calendar tab. Next, click on the ‘Add Event or Event Template’ button. Then click ‘Event Template’ to create the template. Enter the details, and click ‘Save’. You can now create events from this template.
To create the event , go to the Calendar by clicking on the Events > Calendar tab. Next, click on the ‘Add Event or Event Template’ button. Then click ‘Event’ to create the event. A list of Event Templates will be shown. Select the one you want to pattern your event after by clicking on it. You may then modify its details if wanted, or accept the information from the template. By default, it matches your template, and even choses the next date on the calendar that it should fall. Finally, click ‘Save’ to save your event. It now displays on your calendar.
Update Event Template
To update a template, click on the event (on the calendar). You will be given several options asking ‘What would you like to do?’: select ‘Template’ to update the template the event was based off of. Next, you may update any aspect of the template you wish: the day of week, the time, color, title, etc. Note: This will not update any events that were created from this template. Click ‘Save’ to store the change.
To update an event, click on the event (on the calendar). You will be given several options asking ‘What would you like to do?’: select ‘Edit Event’ to update the event. Next, you may update any aspect of the event you wish: the day of week, the time, title, etc. Click ‘Save’ to store the change.
To delete an event, click on the event (on the calendar). You will be given several options asking ‘What would you like to do?’: select ‘Delete Event’ to update the event. You will be given a confirmation asking ‘Are you sure?’ Click to ‘Delete’ button to confirm.
Connect to Google Calendar
Faith Teams can connect to your Google calendar. To connect, go to the Calendar by clicking on the Events > Calendar tab. Next, click on the ‘Google Calendar’ icon near the top. You will be redirected to a Google site requesting permission for Faith Teams to have access to your Google calendar. Sign in to Google, and grant permissions as desired. Once you grant the permission, you will be redirected back to Faith Teams. Login, navigate back to the Faith Teams calendar, and click the Google calendar icon once again to perform your initial synchronization. The first time may take a bit. It will download all events from your default Google calendar. After you have connected your Google calendar, any new events created in Faith Teams will show automatically on your Google Calendar. Also, any events created on Google will be on your Faith Teams calendar. You may also modify events from both platforms, and they will be in sync.
- Security & Safety
- Attendance Tracking
The basic process is:
- Select Check In for the Event
- Add Class
- Setup Label Settings (if required)
- Enforce Required Information (if required)
- Check In (print labels if required)
Step 1: Click on Events Tab, click on Calendar. Click the event you wish to check in for, and click the ‘Check In’ option for the event.
Step 2: Add the class. Click on the list icon next to Classes, and enter the class details: Name, Location, Age(s) / Grade(s). Click finished.
Step 3: Setup the Check In & Label Requirements.
- Click the button Check In / Label Setup if
- You want to print labels
- You want to enforce required information is captured and saved from the attendee
- Check the box “Do you want to print labels…” if you want to print a child and a parent security label
- If printing labels, Click the ‘plus’ / ‘minus’ sign to add up to 3 of your fields to print on the label
Step 4: Enforcing Required Information / Updating Person’s Info
You can enforce that certain information is captured before checking a person in. Check the box labeled: “Do you want to require certain information…” and then select the fields which you require for checking into the class. For example, for a Nursery, you can add a custom field: Potty Trained – Yes/No and require this field. Other examples are Allergies, or Diaper Bag. When fields are required for a class, Faith Teams will require that they are filled in before you can check them in.
When you click the ‘Check In’ icon next to a person’s name, it will print both the child and parent security labels and will show the
- Child’s Name
- Class Name
- Date & Time of Event
- 4-Digit Security Code (with matching code on the parent label)
- Up to 3 fields selected by you on the setup
Go to the ‘Teams’ tab. Click the ‘Add New Team’ button and you will see a new team has been added to the top of the list on the right. Double click on the default name ([new team]) and enter the team name you would like to use. Examples are ‘Worship Team’, ‘Leadership Team’, ‘Media Team’, etc. Several are added by default, so check to see what you have already. Next, you need to a create team role, and then add leaders and team members.
Create Team Role
Go to the ‘Teams’ tab. Make sure you have created a team. Click the green ‘+’ button on the team you want to add a new role for. The purpose of the team role is to allow different types of team members to be on a team. For example, on a worship team you may have singers and musicians. Appropriate roles may be guitarist, drummer, soprano, etc. You will then add team members to the roles.
Add Leaders to Team
Go to the ‘Teams’ tab. Make sure you have created a team, and team roles. Every team can have 1 role which is the ‘Leader’ role. This is important because all notifications for team members accepting or declining a schedule request will be sent to the leaders who are in this role. For example, a worship team has a role ‘Worship Leader’ and several other roles for the band. When the band members are requested to be scheduled, they will receive a text/email for the event. Once they accept or decline, the ‘Worship Leader’ role will be notified. You may have 1 or more people in the leader role. To add someone to the role, simply click the person icon on the role name. You can then type the first few letters of a person or tag to filter on people, and click on the person’s name to add him to this role. To remove him, just click the ‘x’ next to his name.
Add Team Members
To add someone to the role, simply click the person icon on the role name. You can then type the first few letters of a person or tag to filter on people, and click on the person’s name to add him to this role. To remove him, just click the ‘x’ next to his name.
A Fund represents the various purposes that people give to your organization. For example: Offering, Missions, Tithes, Building, etc. To create a Fund:
- 1) Login, click on ‘Contributions’ tab, and ‘Edit Funds’
- 2) Click the ‘Add New Fund’ button
- 3) Click on the row that was created in the ‘Fund Name’ column. The placeholder text appears as [enter fund name]. Type the name of the fund and and click the blue ‘checkbox’ button. Do the same for the description. You can use the description field to provide additional information for the fund if you wish.
- 4) Add as many funds as you need. When you create a contribution, you will assign it to one or more of these funds. When someone gives online they will give to one of these funds.
- 5) If a fund is no longer active, you may set it to Status: ‘Hide’. You will no longer be able to assign new contributions to this fund once it is set to this status.
A batch is a way to manage your contributions. A good anaology is your ‘Sunday morning Offering’ is a batch. Before you can add an individual contribution, you must create a batch. * The only people who can create a batch are users who have ‘Editor’ role for the ‘Contributions’ actions. These are set by your churches Admin’s on the ‘Users and Access’ page. To create a batch:
- 1) Login, click on ‘Contributions’ tab, and ‘Contribution Entry’
- 2) Click the ‘Create New Batch’ button
- 3) Your event calendar will be displayed. Select the event that you would like to connect the batch to.
- 3) The batch details will prepopulate with the information from your event. Accept the defaults, or change as desired and click the ‘Create New Batch’ button.
* The only people who can edit a batch are users who have ‘Editor’ role for the ‘Contributions’ actions. These are set by your churches Admin’s on the ‘Users and Access’ page. To edit a batch:
- 1) Login, click on ‘Contributions’ tab, and ‘Contribution Entry’
- 2) Find the batch you wish to edit, and click the ‘Edit’ button
- 1) Begin typing the name of the contributor in the text field labeled: ‘Enter a Name’ on the top right of the screen. Once you see the desired name, select it by clicking on it.
- 2) Enter the dollar and cents amount of the total contribution . Using the tab key is the fastest way to enter data.
- 3) Enter the type (Cash, Check or other types may be applicable)
- 4) If entering a check, enter the check number
- 5) A line item will be added automatically below. Enter the amount and fund the line item is for. It will default to the entire contribution amount, but you can split the contribution into several line items. If your line item is less than the total contribution, a new line item will appear carrying the balance for you. Repeat until you have assigned the entire contribution to all funds given.
- 6) Once you are finished, click the ‘Save Contribution’ button. If the amounts do not add up, you will receive an error. Otherwise the contribution has been saved.
- 1) Edit a contribution by editing an existing batch and clicking an existing contribution
- 2) Modify the information to be changed and click ‘Save Contribution’. The data is versioned, and an audit trail of all changes is kept on file.
Many churches use online giving. Our system allows you to connect to certain online giving platforms so that all contributions given online will show up automatically within Faith Teams, and get assigned to the correct person. * As of Feb 2017, Tithe.ly has connected with us.
- 1) Follow the instructions below to connect Faith Teams to the giving platform.
- 2) When someone gives to your church, Faith Teams will send an email to all of the people in your organization who have ‘Contributions’ access on the ‘Users and Access’ screen. The email will tell you who gave, how much, and any fees.
- 3) When Faith Teams receives notifcation that your church has received an online contribution we look for an open batch for the current week. If none is found, a new batch is created and the contribution is added.
- 4) Next, we attempt to match the contribution to one of your People. The first and last name must match. If more than 1 match is found, or no exact match is found then it will be added to the batch under ‘Anonymous Donation’. There will also be a warning icon to alert you that you need to assign it to somebody.
- 5) To assign it to the correct person, simply edit the contribution and select the correct person to be assigned. The information for the online contribution is shown at the bottom of the contribution page. There is also an ‘Add This Person’ button that will prepopulate the information we received so you can quickly add the person to your People. In the future, it will be assigned directly
Activating & Choosing Your Dedicated Text/SMS Phone Number
As part of your subscription, you can activate a dedicated Text/SMS phone number for your church.
- When using Rules, your guests/visitors will receive messages from your dedicated number which can be a local area code. This helps generate trust, and also personalization for your church.
- When you use the built-in volunteer tools, the Text/SMS messages will come from your dedicated number . Again, it helps build trust and personalization.
To Active your Number
- Your system administrator should login through the web portal, and navigate to the Admin > Your Organization’s Profile screen.
- Scroll down the screen slightly until you come to the SMS/Texting Setup section. click the button ‘Setup SMS‘ (see the image to the right)
- Next, you will see a popup/modal window showing a list of phone numbers for your church’s area code. If none are shown, type in whatever area code you wish to search. If none are returned, it means that there are none available. Try another nearby area code.
- Select your phone number, and confirm.
- Congratulations! Your phone number is now stored, and your messages will be sent from this phone number
Rules (Automated Followup)
Setting up Automated Rules
As part of your subscription, you can create automatic Rules especially around guest follow-up.
- You can create Rules to send out a text and/or an email message to your guests: 1st time guest, 2nd time guest or any visit number. You can fully customize the message, branding, the day and time that they are sent, and make a great impression on your guests.
- You can also assign followup Assignments to an administrator in your church using Rules.
To Create a Rule
- You must have access to Tools section. Login through the web portal, and navigate to the Tools > Rules screen.
- Click the Visit Rules button on the left (as of August, 2017 we have only visit-based rules – more coming soon!)
- Choose what action to take:
Send Email to Visitor – This will send an email (from your Email Templates) to your visitor
- Choose an Event/Service Type (Sunday Morning 10am, Small Group, etc.)
- Choose a visit number. 1st and 2nd visits are best practice.
- Choose a time to send out the Email. Monday mornings (after a Sunday service) is best case. The times are local, based on your church’s time zone.
- Choose the email template – you should take time to create a nicely branded and crafted email for your visitors
- Type a Subject that will show up in the email: For example: Thank you for visiting Newlife Church this weekend!
- Provide an email address sender. In this case, the lead pastor’s email or another leader is best. If they reply, this is where the reply will be sent.
- Save the Rule
- On the main screen, be sure to Activate it by pressing the Play button on the right
- Choose an Event/Service Type (Sunday Morning 10am, Small Group, etc.)
- Choose a visit number. 1st and 2nd visits are best practice.
- Choose a time to send out the Email. For a text message, later in the week may be a great reminder. The times are local, based on your church’s time zone.
- Type a message – it’s limited to 160 characters. Be personal, and make your impression here.
- Save the Rule
- On the main screen, be sure to Activate it by pressing the Play button on the right
Send Email to Admin – This will send an email (from your Email Templates) to an administrator in your church. Generate Assignment – This will generate an assignment to someone in your church.
A public form is an online web or mobile accessible form that you can create from within Faith Teams. You can use it for:
- 1) A guest signup form for visitors at your church
- 2) A signup form for an event
- 3) Event registration which requires payment
- 4) Accepting online donations
- 5) Whatever else you can think of!
– To create a form navigate to ‘Tools’ > ‘Public Forms’ – Click on ‘Create New Form’ – Choose what type of template you would like to start out with
- Signup Form allows you to collect information with no payments
- * Event form with Payment allows you to take payment
- * Donation Form allows you to accept donations
* You must sign up for Stripe by going to Admin > Your Organization’s Profile and click on the “Signup with Stripe” button.
Click on the banner to enter a name. Click the enter key, or the blue button to accept. Name and email address are required for all forms. Other fields can be dragged from the list on the left:
- Address will add fields for Street, City, State and Zip Code to your form
- Text will add a free-form text field to your form
- Dropdown will add a dropdown field to your form. You can specify the values
- Date will add a date field with a datepicker to your form
- Checkbox will add a checkbox field to your form
- Long Text will add a textarea for taking in larger amounts of information such as a few sentences.
- Phone will add a field for accepting phone numbers
- Payment will add fields for accepting payment
- Contribution will add fields for accepting a contribution. These are different than payments, as they will be entered as a contribution within Faith Teams. These are donations with no goods or services provided
- Info/Editor Is for you to add some information to the form such as event details or other information. It will not accept any user input from the end user. It is for you to publish information TO the user.
Change the field name
- To change the name of your field (i.e. ‘Dropdown’ to ‘Please select an item to bring’) click on the field name and enter your new value.
- To make a field required, click the ‘required’ checkbox. Name and Email are always required. If you add Payment or Contribution fields, they will be required by default.
The payment field requires additional configuration. Click the ‘Payment’ title to configure. Click the checkbox ‘Click for Fixed Amount’ if the payment is a fixed amount. For example, a registration fee of $25. If left unchecked, the person will enter whatever value they wish to pay. Type in the amount for ‘Fixed Amounts’, for example ‘5’ for $5 or 37.50 for $37.50. Amounts are in USD. Choose ‘Stripe’ as the Payment System. If you have not signed up and linked Stripe to your Faith Teams account, do so from ‘Admin’ tab, ‘Your Organization’s Profile’. There is a button near the bottom ‘Connect to Stripe’. Set the text that the user will see on the submit button. By default it is set to ‘Pay Now’.
The contribution field requires additional configuration. Click the ‘Contribution’ title to configure. Click the checkbox ‘Click for Fixed Amount’ if the payment is a fixed amount. For example, a contribution of $25. If left unchecked, the person will enter whatever value they wish to pay. Type in the amount for ‘Fixed Amounts’, for example ‘5’ for $5 or 37.50 for $37.50. Amounts are in USD. Choose ‘Stripe’ as the Payment System. If you have not signed up and linked Stripe to your Faith Teams account, do so from ‘Admin’ tab, ‘Your Organization’s Profile’. There is a button near the bottom ‘Connect to Stripe’. Click the checkbox ‘Assign to Fund’ if you wish to assign the contribution to a particular fund. If left unchecked, the user will see a list of your funds to choose from. The contribution will be made to this fund within the Contributions section of Faith Teams. Set the text that the user will see on the submit button.
Click the header section to upload an image, or drag one from your files to drop it in. It is recommended that you have a minimum width of 800 pixels and no more than about 250 pixels high or the form will appear too far down the page.
SMS Code Word If your church has signed up for its own dedicated SMS/Phone number, you can set a ‘Code Word’ for your form. If users type the code word to your SMS number, they will receive an instant reply back with a link to the form. For example, you could display your dedicated SMS number during announcments at church with the code word ‘GUEST’. Your guests could receiving a text message with a link to a guest form. They could fill out the form, get added to your Faith Teams People and receive a welcome email within just a few moments. * Dedicated SMS/Text numbers are included in the standard Faith Teams subscription. Here’s how to activate your number. SMS Reply Text This is the text that will be sent when somebody texts the code word. Following this text will be the link. Keep the text short: no more than 120 characters. Color Scheme Choose the color scheme which best matches your taste and branding Email Confirmation Type Choose whether to send an email confirmation to the form registrant. None, Basic Email and Email Template are the options. The Basic Email is created below this field when chosen, and will send a basic email. The Email Template lets you choose any of the templates which you have already created. Do this when your image and branding are important and you want to make an impression. Email Subject The subject that will show in the email that the registrant receives
Managing your Public Forms
Preview Back on the original Public Forms page, you may preview any form by clicking the ‘Preview’ link on the corresponding row Get Code To share a form on your website or share the link on social media, email, etc. click the ‘Get Code’ link on the corresponding row Registrants To view your registrants, click on the number in the ‘Registrants’ column. The last signup date will also be displayed. Archive To archive a form, click the ‘trash can’ icon. To re-activate it, click the checkbox titled ‘Show Archived’ and click the ‘lightning’ icon. Public Forms cannot be deleted completely.
Inviting Users and Setting Access Levels
In order to invite someone to use Faith Teams from your church, they must be added to your people. To invite them as a user, make sure there is a valid email address stored for them within your people. Step 1: To send the invitation, navigate to the ‘Admin’ tab, click on ‘Users and Access’. Next, click the ‘Invite New User to Faith Teams’. Step 2: Type at least 3 letters of the person’s name (any part of the name is fine) and a matching list of people will be displayed. Step 3: Click the name of the person you wish to invite and confirm. The person you have invited will receive an invitation to participate on behalf of your church. Please note, by default they will receive “read” access to People. You may set their access levels only after they have confirmed their account, and set their password. To set access levels: On the ‘Admin’ tab > ‘Users and Access’ screen, set the person’s access level by selecting from ‘No Access’, ‘Read Only’ and ‘Editor’ from the drop downs on the matching user’s row.
- If someone is going to do checkins, give them Editor access to ‘People’ and ‘Events’.
- If someone is going to be doing Contributions, make sure they have Editor access to ‘Contributions’
- Administrators have access to modify anyone’s functionality, so make sure this is limited to only people whose role it is to manage your church or organization
Online giving with Tithely
We have partnered with Tithely for online giving. Follow the steps below to connect your Faith Teams account and Tithely accounts to work together. The integration will simplify your record keeping by making sure all of your contributions, including those made through Tithely, are recorded in Faith Teams.
- 1) You can create a Tithely account and Organization directly from within Faith Teams from the ‘Admin’ tab > ‘Your Organization’s Profile’. Click on ‘Online Giving’.
- 2) Enter the requested information to create your Tithely account. This account is unique to you. You may also use this account to login to their website or mobile app directly.
- 3) Next, enter the requested information to create your Organization record. This represents the details for your organization, church or ministry. It includes the banking, routing information that you would like you funds deposited into, as well as your organizations tax id, and your information. This information is used for doing basic identify verification. Here is a document which describes how Tithely uses this information.
- 4) Once your Tithely account and Organization have been created, you must create funds within Faith Teams to assign contributions. Please follow the instructions here to create your funds.
- As of May 2017 there is still 1 more step to fully integrate the 2 platforms. In order for the 2 systems to communicate with one another, you must copy 3 pieces of information from Faith Teams into Tithely: 1) Your Faith Teams Organization ID; 2) A Faith Teams Key; and 3) A Faith Teams Secret.
- * Within Faith Teams, click on ‘Admin’ tab > ‘Your Organization’s Profile’ and click on ‘Profile’.
- * Near the bottom of the page is your Faith Teams Organization ID. Copy this id, and then login to the Tithely site and click on ‘Integrations’.
- * Make sure you are editing the correct organization you just created (it is possible for your account to be linked to more than 1), and then select ‘Faith Teams’ from the ‘Select a 3rd Party API’ dropdown.
- * Next, paste the Faith Teams Organization ID that you copied into the field titled: ‘Faith Teams Organization ID’.
- * You must now generate a key & secret in Faith Teams, and save these within Tithely to grant access to them to connect to your Faith Teams account. Back in Faith Teams, on the same page (‘Admin’ tab > ‘Your Organization’s Profile’ and click on ‘Profile’) click the ‘Get API Key’ button.
- * Select ‘Tithely’ from the ‘Select 3rd Party Platform’ and then click the ‘Create API Key/Secret’ button.
- * Copy the Key into the Tithely field titled: ‘Faith Teams Username’ and copy the Secret into the Tithely field titled: ‘Faith Teams Password’.
- * Click ‘Save’, and the accounts are now connected. When somebody gives online through Tithely, the information will now flow into Faith Teams, and you will receive alerts that your church or organization has received an online contribution.
Faith Teams can connect to other platforms as well. To connect with your Faith Teams key, go to the ‘Admin’ Tab and click on ‘Your Organization’s Profile’. Near the bottom is your organization’s key. Copy this key and follow the instructions on the platform that you are connecting to your Faith Teams account. Tithe.ly is a great parter who is connected with us. They offer mobile/online giving, and text to give. Sign up with them, and copy this key. Login to your Tithe.ly console, go to ‘Integrations’ select ‘Faith Teams’ from the ‘3rd party API’ list. Paste your Faith Teams key, save and you’re all set!
Setting up Stripe Payments
You can accept Stripe payments through your Faith Teams account. Stripe is a widely used online payment platform. For example, you can connect a Stripe account and setup a Public Form with Online Giving, or a Public Form with an event signup and registration fee. Faith Teams will allow you to build the form, and Stripe is the platform that handles all of the credit card transaction processing, and deposits the funds into your church’s account.
- To setup Stripe Payments login as a Faith Teams Administrator
- Navigate to the Admin Tab > Your Organization’s Profile
- Scroll to the bottom and click on the Connect to Stripe’ button
- You will be directed to the Stripe website. You need to do a few things:
- If you already have a Stripe account for your church, then login to Stripe
- If you do not have a Stripe account, then create one – it will ask for various pieces of information to identify you and your church. You will also need your checking/routing number to deposit funds into your church’s account
- Finally, you will need to authorize Faith Teams to connect to your Stripe account
- Once you have confirmed the above steps, log back into Faith Teams – Admin tab, Your Organization’s Profile screen, and you should see that Stripe is showing connected. If for any reason you need to disconnect the accounts, you may do so from this screen.
Congratulations! You are now ready to accept payments through Faith Teams!
You can add data in retroactively. If you have files from another platform (csv, excel, comma delimited) we can import those for you. No extra cost.
The best Giving Online option is with our partner, Tithely. They serve thousands of churches, have a very simple mobile app, and offer 5 ways to give. You can setup your account with them right inside of Faith Teams in less than 5 minutes, and begin giving immediately.
You can also create an account with Stripe and receive payments through Faith Teams for non-donations / contributions for events, t-shirts, bake-sales, etc.
- Get your people added – if you have a file, you can email it to us. Or add them yourself manually. Here’s a video.
- Start using the Check In tool to take attendance
- Contributions – Create your Funds, Setup Online Giving, start reecording your in-person offering / contributions
- Planning – Start setting up your events & plan out your services using the web and mobile tools
- Volunteers – Create teams and get your church involved using the Monthly Volunteer Assignment tool
This is a good basic rollout plan. It doesn’t cover everything, but it brings a lot of early value to your church
In order to send out notifications, make sure you have Team access set as ‘Editor’. If you are ‘read-only’ for Teams, then the icon will not show to send out the notification.
If you need to have your permissions modified within your church, please contact your church administrator.
* You cannot delete event templates at this time. The integrity of the underlying data (statistics on your services, counts, etc.) relies on them being present. But you can inactivate them so that they do not crowd up your lists if you no longer need a template.
- Click on ‘Events’ Tab
- Click on the button ‘Add Event or Event Template’
- Click on the button ‘Create a new Event’ (see Image 1 below)
- Click on the ‘Edit Template’ button for the template you want to inactivate
- Deselect the ‘Active’ checkbox at the bottom of the Event Template and save (see Image 2 below)
* If you have not used a service template, then you can let us know and we can delete it for you.